The 73rd session of the UN General Assembly is underway with several of the side events and concurrent meetings focusing on food security and nutrition:
- Side event on Data to End Hunger (September 24)
- Side event on Food System Approaches to the Prevention of NCDs (September 25)
- Panel on Transforming Food Systems to Drive Solutions for Achieving SDG2 (September 25)
- SUN Movement Lead Group Meeting (September 26)
- UN High-level Meeting on Non-communicable Diseases (September 27)
- International Forum on Food and Nutrition (September 28)
Additional highlights from this week’s Compact2025 News in Brief include:
- World Cancer Research Fund International report provides advice to policymakers on how to design and implement a sugar sweetened beverage tax.
- UNSCN News 43 explores some of the drivers of malnutrition, how they intersect and overlap, and how they intensify the exclusion of certain groups of people.
- Study finds farmer nutrition school interventions in Bangladesh generated rapid and sustained improvement in food production and dietary quality.
- The draft Phase 2 Feed the Future Learning Agenda is open for public comment until September 28, 2018.