The 46th session of the Committee on World Food Security takes place October 14–18 in Rome, Italy, and will feature sessions on topics including the Sustainable Development Goals, food systems and nutrition, and multi-stakeholder partnerships. IFPRI is co-organizing with partners several side events that will complement the main agenda:
- Reducing Post-Harvest Losses in Agriculture
- Nutrition Smart Agriculture
- Road Testing Healthy Diets
- Closing the hunger gap through improved seed access
Additional highlights from this week’s Compact2025 News in Brief include:
- For the first time in 20 years, UNICEF’s flagship report examines the issue of children, food, and nutrition, providing a fresh perspective on a rapidly evolving challenge.
- The 2019 Global Hunger Index concludes that progress made in the global fight against hunger is severely endangered, and the situation has even worsened in some regions.
- On October 16, events around the world will mark World Food Day and highlight the importance of healthy diets for a zero hunger world.